Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Script Format for Primitive Myth Script

CHARACTERS are in all CAPS.
Stage directions/actions are in italics and can be (in parentheses).
Everything is centered.

Example:


AT RISE: HARVEY, SPENCER, and CHARLES are sitting together on the sofa in a “lived in” living room.  Bowls of chips and bottles of soda abound.  They are watching the television intently, and occasionally will “whoop” or shout at the TV for touchdowns and tackles.  It is 2010 – the New Orleans Saints are making their first Super Bowl appearance.

CHARLES
Go, go, go, go… he’s in!

 (CHARLES stands up from the sofa, putting his hands in the air triumphantly.  He motions to his son, SPENCER, with an outstretched hand.)

CHARLES
Slap me some skin, son.

SPENCER
Dad, no one says “slap me some skin” anymore.

CHARLES
I don’t care what they’re saying, Spence.  We’ve got a touchdown!  Hit me!

SPENCER (to HARVEY)
I’m sorry about this.

(SPENCER gives CHARLES a low-five.)

HARVEY
What are you sorry about?  This is awesome.  My dad never watched the game with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment