Monday, August 31, 2009

Theater I: Neighborhood Map

In Theater I:

We are continuing our introduction to theater and the art of storytelling.  I keep repeating that storytelling is one of the earliest forms of theater.  Human beings have been sharing their history, their ideas, their failures and their successes through storytelling throughout history!

Neighborhood Map Assignment (1o points total)
Due Tuesday, September 1
Students will draw a map of their favorite or current neighborhood on construction paper or the paper provided.  The map must include the following:

  1. Labels: Everything on the map must be labeled, i.e. "My house," "Cedar Street," "a mean dog that chased me as a kid," etc.  Even if you don't know the neighbors down the street, you probably know SOMETHING about them -- "house with noisy kids" will do.
  2. Color: Your map must use color!  Crayons, markers, colored pencils, colored pens, highlighters are all items that draw and write in color.  Please use them!
  3. Detail: Add as much detail to your map as you can remember.  The pond, the fence, the car that was always parked on the street... Whatever you remember, please draw it! (And label it... and color it... )
All Theater I assignments must be labeled with:

Student Name
Theater I
Class Period (1, 2, or 5)
Assignment Title

No comments:

Post a Comment